Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thank You My gracious, giving Lord


Dear Lord, I thank You for this day. I'm blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you.
I ask now for Your forgiveness. Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day and everyday with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You. Please broaden my mind that I can accept all things. Let me not whine or complain over things I have no control over. And even when I'm pushed beyond my limits. I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak... Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those that are lost and can't find their way. I pray for those that are misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don't know You intimately. I pray for those that don't believe.
But I thank you that I believe. I believe that God changes people and God changes things. I pray for all my sisters and brothers. For each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace, love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met. I pray that every person heres this knows there is no problem, or circumstance, or situation that our great god cannot not handle. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every person that hears this.
I love you and I need you lord, come into my heart lord, You are such a great and wonderful God.
Thank You Lord for this day in Jesus name, Amen

14 comments:

B. said...

Sharon- I too am doing the bible study with Rachel. I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your brother. I will pray for you and your family for healing and for God to continue to show you grace and mercy and healing.

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Sharon,
My heart goes out to you. I wanted you to know I am thinking of you.
I lost my Mom in 2006, I know what an empty spot it leaves to loose someone. My prayers are with you and your family.
Lynn

Jodie Wolfe said...

I could use your help. I am trying to survey as many women as possible to find out what ten struggles they face as a Christian woman. If you have a few minutes, I would love your input on my blog in regards to the ten struggles that Christian women face. Thank you!

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Sharon,
Thanks for visiting my blog and stop by any time. I'm here to talk to if you just need an ear, or a shoulder. I'm praying for peace for your Mom too.

Blessed are they that mourn, for they shall be comforted. Matt 5:4

Casting all your cares upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Blessings,
Lynn

Rachel Olsen said...

Amen, Sharon!
A beautiful prayer ... to a beatiful God ... from his beautiful daughter.

1/2 dozen roses said...

Sharon,
I havne't done too much
"commenting" but after reading that you had lost your brother, I felt led to write to you. 11 years ago, I too lost a brother....it was in a very bad car accident...it was hard on all of my family....my 2 brothers, my sister, our parents, and his wife and children. Although I am the youngest of our family, at the time I was 26 and since I have always been very close to my mother(my best friend), I was there for her. It wasn't easy that first year...(there are so many firsts) to go through. Many times in the first few weeks I was just there with my mom just to hold her hand her when she cried(and then we cried together!). But God did give us the grace to get through it. Its still hard when Christmas comes around(our family always gets together at that time of year) and at the anniversary of his death or birthday, but its gotten much better. I know it sounds crazy at this point and time but---just lean on Jesus. Be there for your mom as much as you can(I was living 800 miles away from her at the time) but we stayed in touch almost daily. God will do the healing in all of your hearts in time. He is a great God. Although we would much rather have my brother here on earth with us, it is the greatest comfort to know that he is in heaven, singing with the angels, waiting for us to join him someday. I hope this is somewhat an encouragement to you. Hang in there. C Rose

Dana said...

Hi Sharon,

What a beautiful prayer!! I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family. I know that it is sooo hard to watch your Mom go through so much pain. I only have 1 sister and I can't imagine losing her. But I know that we have an awesome God who has given us many awesome promises. You are sooo blessed to have the promise that your brother is with Jesus. God Bless You, Sharon.

Love in Christ
Dana

From the Heart said...

Sharon, A beautiful prayer and a great tribute to your brother. Your blog is awesome.

I just wanted to let you know you are in my prayers and also to thank you for the advice about signing in. It worked. Praise God and you. Please vist me anytime.
AliceE.

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Hi Sharon,
How have you been. You've been on my heart so I'm praying for you.
Lynn

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Sharon,
Glad Vacation went well. Thanks for the nice post. Well as I work as getting this weight thing under control I'll keep you posted. Let me know if I can help or encourage you too. I need/want to lose a total of 55-60, about what I've put on in the last 10 years. Yikes. Anyway nice talking to you. I'll keep posting recipes too. Feel free to share yours too.
Love, Lynn

Paula V said...

Sharon,
I read your comment on Lynn's blog. Just wanted to stop and say hi and invite you to visit my blog. If time allows, I would encourage you to read all the postings. There are about six of them.

I'm with you and Lynn on the whole being healthy and exercising. I admire you for being able to eat chicken, fish, and veggies. I just don't know if I could do that. Of course if it's instructed by the doctor "do this or hurt yourself" I guess I could.

Keep smiling and counting your blessing!
In Him,
Paula

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Stopping by to say Hi,
I feel like I've been out of touch this week. Hope all is well.
Lynn

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Sharon,
Thanks for the visit and letting me know that I needed to go down below. HOW AWESOME! Your stories were great. I understand so much your story of your online friend. I have been a little uneasy of letting too much go on this blogging but I do feel that I have a real connection to a few of the women on this study you included and think in time could become good friends.
Talk to you soon.
Be Blessed Lynn

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Sharon,
Thanks for your visit. I did another post, but you might want a tissue. It's good just a tear jerker. :) It's been nice getting to know you and I'm glad I am encouraging you. I notcied you like Joyce Meyers, isn't she the greatest? Talk to you soon.
Lynn