Monday, June 16, 2008

Three Little Words



Three Little Words
A person might have to suffer even when it is unfair, but if he thinks of God and stands the pain, God is pleased. If you are beaten for doing wrong, there is no reason to praise you for being patient in your punishment. But if you suffer for doing good, and you are patient, then God is pleased. This is what you were called to do, because Christ suffered for you and gave you an example to follow. So you should do as he did. 1 Peter 2:19-21
There are some very important concepts we do not hear spoken of very much anymore. I wonder why we ever stopped? Could it be the media, the movies, the magazines, have we been reprogramming our thinking little by little?
Could it be we have gotten away from some very important ideas about life choices? Could it be that our thinking is not based on thoughts of love for others, but merely on our own mindset and desires? I do believe things have changed, because everyplace I look today, I see anger, unforgiveness, and cold hearts. People have closed themselves off because of past pain, and this has ruled their lives in far more ways than they can imagine. People are ruled by emotions, alot is by depression, longing for satisfying relationships, yet feeling unfulfilled and lonely.
SHAME, COMPASSION, AND FORGIVENESS
Shame
A sense of shame that comes when we know we have done something wrong. We justify it in every conceivable way. It is my right to feel this way, it is someone else's fault, it is OK if I do what I want to do, it is my life. People base their decisions on selfish motives, without considering the eternal consequences, or even present consequences.
Whatever we do in this life returns to us.
Whatever we sow in the lives of others is what we get back.
If we sow strife, that is what we will get back.
If we sow kindness we will get kindness back.
If we sow anger we will get that back.
What you sow... shall you reap.
Be kind to people even when you don't think they deserve it. Kindness is from the heart of God, how can we do less than our best? What if that dear person you love, but are fighting with was gone tomorrow? How would you feel about how you have talked to them? Would you change anything? Are you allowing that still small voice to speak to you. Or are you reacting to what people say with a defensive posture that says my feelings come first. Does this reflect Jesus?
Compassion
Compassion is to feel sympathy, or empathy for what someone else is going through. To the point, we wish to help in any way we can, whether through prayer or some other means of support. This is so important. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own woes, troubles, sorrows, that we don't have any resources left to help anyone else. This is directly in controversy to the Bible, who tells us we are not only to cast our burdens on him, but to go out and minister to others. It is no witness at all to be defeated all the time, it is no different from someone in the world. We have to follow the concepts that Jesus taught to be overcomers, and not carry these burdens, nor the past with us. Care about what others are going through. We were put on this earth, not as an island, but a community, reach out and love each other while there is time.
Forgiveness
This is a rarity anymore. Seems like if you do something wrong once, then people write you off as if you didn't exist. Perhaps because of their own past hurts, it makes them more defensive. But this is one of the most powerful tools satan has because it divides Christians, and families, and friends. Keeps us from fellow shipping, encouraging each other. It is a tool to wedge apart people so they cannot agree in prayer, or join together to minister to a larger degree. Forgive people even if they don't ask, even if they do not deserve it. Because Jesus forgives us. How can we do less? Are we better than God? This wrong thinking has to stop.
Everyone seems so disconnected and selfish. Everyone has a history they carry around with them like a prize. They treat it as if carrying past issues around were a vital function. It is not. Jesus said, "The past was the past". That we shouldn't worry about tomorrow. Sufficient unto today are the problems thereof. Three little words, shame, compassion, forgiveness. Why don't we hear these anymore? They are vital to the survival of human relationships. Search your heart, and see what changes you need to make, and ask the Lord Jesus to help you make them. If you want to succeed in life, have a victorious mind, and enjoy your life, you must allow these traits to be part of you. You must surrender selfish motives, and seek the high road, through Jesus Christ.
Not my will, but thine be done, should be the cry of our heart. Jesus, how precious the name. He gave His life for you and me. How can we give less, than all of ourselves. Let your light so shine before men or women, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
Do they see light in you? Let your life be a reflection of Jesus in You, working in you, transforming you, making you a new life, with new thinking and a new heart because of your surrender and focus on Jesus Christ. Remember Only one life will soon be past.

2 comments:

From the Heart said...

I love both your posts. They are so true. I had to go to my neurologist today for a regular checkup. I was telling her about the problems with my bladder and how I felt that God had healed my bladder (I was told it had dropped some after the surgery in '99) but the dr. said it was just where it was supposed to be. I have been going to this lady for approximately 20 years. She has not only been my doctor but a person who cares about her patients and has truly been a friend. She left the neurology and started a Headache Clinic but I asked her if she would consider letting me come see her and she said yes. Many times I have told her what I felt God had done for me. She looks like someone from the middle east but was probably born in America. She told me today that most of her patients looked at all that had happened to them in a "woe is me" kind of attitude but that I was different. She knew God spared my life twice and each time she has said, He's still got something for you to do. I wish I had the ability to just come out and ask her but the right words have never come. She knew about my card ministry and today I told her I had given it up and she said well there is probably something else He wants you to do so I handed her a piece of paper with my blog address on it. I guess the life you live before people makes a difference. Sometimes it what you do, not what you say that counts. Pray that she will look at my blog and that God will speak to her heart through it.

I don't know if I told you are not but the doctor on Friday called me a prescription (a new one) that is for cystitis of the bladder. I had cautioned the nurse about my allergic reaction to drugs, but I decided I would take it and trust God to do the rest. I have not had any problems with it at all.

I know I am going around in circles it seems like but I just had to tell somebody what happened when I saw her. I did tell her, however, whatever happened it would be better because there would be no more pain, no more tears and everything would be wonderful. I really got the feeling she knew what I was talking about.
Thanks for listening. You have truly become a good friend.
AliceE.

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Hi Sharon,
I got on real quick this morning to say thanks for the comments and e-mails, still need to read a couple, the pictures are awesome. Looks like you got the picture thing down your blog looks great. I need some lessons from you now. :) I'll finish reading your post later, I need to get ready for work.
Loves,
Lynn